Total Pageviews

Monday, May 13, 2013

Strawberry Pie



I forgot to get a picture of this pie BEFORE people started eating it, so I will have to replace this picture, when I make it next.  It is really pretty, as a whole pie and when I serve it I place a dollop of whipped cream on top.  Everyone who tried it loved it and can not wait for the next time I make it.  We went strawberry picking and the berries were so beautiful and red, my husband asked if I could make a strawberry pie, with some of the berries we picked.

INGREDIENTS:
1 deep dish pie crust, baked
1 1/2 quart fresh strawberries
1 cup sugar
3 TBSP cornstarch
3/4 cup water
whipped cream


DIRECTIONS:


Bake a deep inch pie crust, per package directions.  Cool on a wire rack.


Core strawberries, leave 1 quart strawberries whole and place them in cooled pie crust. 


Mash  1/2 quart strawberries in a medium saucepan and combine with sugar.  Place saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring frequently.


In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and water.  Gradually stir cornstarch mixture into boiling strawberry mixture.  Reduce heat and simmer mixture until thickened, about 10 minutes. 

Chill for several hours before serving.  Serve each slice of pie with a dollop of whipped cream.


No comments:

Post a Comment