Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Beef Hand PIes


This is very easy and hardy meal.  If you have leftovers, these freeze well and also reheat in the microwave or oven.  However, my kids have also eaten them straight out of the fridge.  The above picture shows pretty big ones, from the first batch I made; however, I made them about half this size in the next batch, and prefer the smaller size.  I normally make my own pizza dough, but had coupons for free pillsbury Artisian pizza dough, so used that for this batch.

Ingredients:
1 finely chopped onion
1 cup finely chopped carrots
2 finely chopped potatoes
1 pound chopped beef chuck roast
1 cup finely chopped mushrooms
1 jar beef gravy
1/2 to 1 cup beef broth
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
2 PIllsbury pizza dough

Directions:
  Add carrots, onions, beef, and potatoes to saute pan and add 1/2 cup beef broth.  Cook on medium high until soften and cooked through. Add additional broth as needed.

Add mushrooms and cook until soften.  Allow to simmer for additional 10 minutes.

Add gravy and parsley and cook an additional minute.

Preheat oven to 400. Cut each pizza dough roll into 3 equal pieces for large hand pies, or 6 pieces for smaller(my family preferred the smaller size).  Divide mixture between dough and fold over and seal edges.  Cook for 12-15 minutes. I ended up with more mixture left over and since I had grands biscuits in the fridge I rolled some of those out and filled them with the beef hand pie mixture.  These were really good too and also a hit with my family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment