Total Pageviews

Monday, March 18, 2013

Nana's Banana Bread



What do I do when I have some bananas that have gotten overripe, or if my family allows them to go overripe in hopes that I will make their favorite banana bread, go to the store and see if I can find more overripe bananas.  Love this recipe, that my mother-in-law gave me several years ago.  The ingredients below will make 1 loaf, but I normally make multiple loaves, since I have the ingredients out and the loaves freeze really well.  I have frozen these for as much as 6 months and they taste like the day I made them, once thawed.

Ingredients:
4 mashed bananas
1/3 cup melted butter
1 Egg
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour

Directions:
Add Ingredients in order in a mixing bowl , mixing after each ingredient.  After mixing, put in a greased loaf pan and bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment