Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Importance of putting my LE self-management first

I had a busy and stressful weekend and was not able to do my Flexitouch.   Let we reword that more realistically, I did not make time for my Flexitouch.  I had a busy weekend, but I was home for each day for a least 3 hours a day and chose to not do my Flexitouch when I was home.  I could have done it while I was sleeping, when I had an hour here or there; or when I was totally exhausted physically and emotionally at the end of day.  I ended up going about 2 1/2 days without my daily machine and it is times like this that I realize how much my Flexitouch helps me keep mobility and by reducing my lymph fluid, it lessens my pain as well.  Before I stopped and decided to sit down and do my machine, I was barely able to walk and that was already after taking 2 as needed pain pills.  Because I had not done the machine daily, it took a good half a cycle before the pain lessened.  I felt so much relief when I had finished my 4 hours and completed all 4 cycles.  You would think I would have learned by now that no matter how stressful or busy my day is for my overall well being and health....I have to make time to do my machine--PERIOD!!!  Maybe next time I want to forgo my time on the Flexitouch I will take a look here and see why I have to make the time everyday.  Hopefully, lesson learned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment